
Outside my window...
No groundhog here today!
It's raining cats and dogs, instead.
It's raining cats and dogs, instead.
~*~
I am thankful for...
A wonderful husband who loves me.
And a special friend who gave me a gentle
kick-in-the-pants last week and helped
get me motivated again.
~*~
From the learning rooms...
This week we're going to learn about saleratus
and make soda bread one day.
We're continuing with our Westward Ho! unit study.
~*~
From the kitchen...
I have a roast in the crockpot to
make beef barley soup for lunch.
~*~
I am thinking...
about some ways to impart more Biblical knowledge
to my children in a fast-changing world, so they will be prepared to grow up
and teach their children the truth.
~*~
I am reading...
my Bible, of course.
Some books are the same as last week,
but on my nightstand this week is
For the Children's Sake
by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
I'm re-reading a lot of books
on my bookshelf to give myself some
winter inspiration...
~*~
I am hearing...
My oldest daughter eating toast and preparing
to go to work. Carrie is reading on the couch.
Thomas is doing something quietly in
his room. Everyone else is still asleep - it's
our off day.
~*~
One of my favorite things...
Teapots!
I have a pink and red Valentine one on the table, sitting on a toile runner that's creamy
yellow with muted red and pink figures. There are three small Valentine gingerbread
houses and a matching heart-shaped cup with candy in it on the runner, too.
~*~
A few plans for the rest of the week:
One daughter has to go to the orthodontist today (2 hours away). One daughter is teaching a guitar lesson today and one daughter is teaching fiddle this week (which involves me because I'm the taxi driver). Two daughters are volunteering at the local mission tomorrow. One husband is going out of town at least twice this week. Fiddle lessons, which have not happened for the last two weeks, are on for this week - we'll see if we or the teacher has to cancel. Our family will be working at the mission on Friday afternoon. One daughter is going
out of town next weekend. Oh, and lots of school and a church function thrown in, too.
~*~
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
in my kitchen window...
A wonderful husband who loves me.
And a special friend who gave me a gentle
kick-in-the-pants last week and helped
get me motivated again.
~*~
From the learning rooms...
This week we're going to learn about saleratus
and make soda bread one day.
We're continuing with our Westward Ho! unit study.
~*~
From the kitchen...
I have a roast in the crockpot to
make beef barley soup for lunch.
~*~
I am thinking...
about some ways to impart more Biblical knowledge
to my children in a fast-changing world, so they will be prepared to grow up
and teach their children the truth.
~*~
I am reading...
my Bible, of course.
Some books are the same as last week,
but on my nightstand this week is
For the Children's Sake
by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
I'm re-reading a lot of books
on my bookshelf to give myself some
winter inspiration...
~*~
I am hearing...
My oldest daughter eating toast and preparing
to go to work. Carrie is reading on the couch.
Thomas is doing something quietly in
his room. Everyone else is still asleep - it's
our off day.
~*~
One of my favorite things...
Teapots!
I have a pink and red Valentine one on the table, sitting on a toile runner that's creamy
yellow with muted red and pink figures. There are three small Valentine gingerbread
houses and a matching heart-shaped cup with candy in it on the runner, too.
~*~
A few plans for the rest of the week:
One daughter has to go to the orthodontist today (2 hours away). One daughter is teaching a guitar lesson today and one daughter is teaching fiddle this week (which involves me because I'm the taxi driver). Two daughters are volunteering at the local mission tomorrow. One husband is going out of town at least twice this week. Fiddle lessons, which have not happened for the last two weeks, are on for this week - we'll see if we or the teacher has to cancel. Our family will be working at the mission on Friday afternoon. One daughter is going
out of town next weekend. Oh, and lots of school and a church function thrown in, too.
~*~
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
in my kitchen window...

4 comments:
Wow, you sound busy! What a treat it is to hear such beautiful music as I'm reading your Daybook. Your picture made me smile, too; it is pleasing to the eye!
Hope your drives are safe!
Cheers from Nebraska! :)
Thank you!
Joy
Love you, Mom. Can't wait to come home and spend a Monday with you.
We'll be glad when you come home, too!!!
Love You!! Mom
Post a Comment