Friday, April 9, 2010

Menu

Friday: BBQ pork, baked beans, Emily's great potato salad, dessert. Company comin'!

Saturday: Picnic! Turkey sandwiches with cheese and lettuce and pickles, boiled eggs, leftover potato salad (if there is any left after the piranhas dear children get hold of it on Friday!), Chex mix, celery and carrot sticks.

Sunday: Jalapeno Chicken Casserole, Brownie Pudding.

Monday: Baked chicken, Vegetable Lo Mein from the Five in a Row cookbook.

Tuesday: Beef Stew in the crockpot because I'm getting my hair done that morning! Yay!

Wednesday: Chicken Soup with WW noodles.

Thursday: Beans and Rice.


When I first met David, his mom made this dessert sometimes. Since I like anything chocolate, I've made it ever since. It's from The Better Homes and Garden's New Cookbook (the red-checked one) and it just begs for a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream to go with it.

Brownie Pudding

1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cups hot water

Sift together first 5 ingredients; add milk, oil, and vanilla; mix till smooth. Stir in nuts. Pour into greased 8x8x2 baking pan. Combine remaining ingredients; pour carefully over batter. Bake at 350 about 40 minutes. Serve warm. Makes 6-8 servings.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

We're having Jalapeno Chicken Casserole Sunday?! YAY!!!!!!